Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chapter 1: A week after the crash

Alright guys, this is it! The beginning!! WOOHOO! Anyway... Hope I didn't leave anything important out of this chapter, it took me forever to figure out how to start. So here goes nothing...

Sams POV
 We were all sitting around the fire pit I've made. I was very pleased with what I've done so far, considering we've only been here a week. I got a shower going, the fire pit, the crib, and Chance helped with the tents.

"It's been a week." I say.
"Has it?" Fawn says in her strange, dreamy voice.
"Yes, I've been keeping count." I reply, remembering the marks in the tent me and Lizzie share."And I don't think we're going to be rescued."

"SAM!" Lizzie gasps. "Why would you think that?"
"I believe we were off course when we crashed. No one knows where we are."
"But Sam..." Fawn starts, pauses, then continues. "Aren't you important? Won't people look for you?"

"Aren't you important too?" I ask her. "Either way, even if someone did come looking, they wouldn't know where we are since we were off course."
"So what do you suggest we do?" Chance asks. Me and him, we've been kinda of like the leaders of the group.
 
"I think we should make a life here. Build a village, make generations of people free from the technology ridden world of ours." 
"You mean make a utopia?" Chance asks.
"Yes, in a sort. Any objections, and you don't have to participate. We shall make a more detailed plan later." I adress the group, looking at each castaway. They all nod or grin (Fawn and Chance) as I come to the last peron, my wife.
"Liz."
"I dont know." She says, the storms off.
I sigh. This is going to be harder than I thought.
"Quick question.." Chance calls.
I turn to face him. "Ya?"
"What are we going to do for food?"

I glance over at our meager source of food. After a week, it the pile was running short.
"Who caught the fish?" I ask him.
"I did." He says proudly. "I think it's an anchovie."

I think for a minute, wondering what to do. Finally I come to a conclusion. "Chance, you and Fawn will be our fishermen. Me and Lizzie will take care of the garden and keep the fire going."

Fawn chuckles and I turn to her. "Whats so funny?" 
"Oh nothing, justa joke Molly told me."
Molly turns to the group.
"A ragged individual stranded for several months on a small desert island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean one day noticed a bottle lying in the sand with a piece of paper in it.
""Due to lack of maintenance,"" he read, ""we regretfully have found it necessary to cancel your e-mail account.""




Everyone laughs, including Lizzie. I turn to her. 
"Liz, look. I'm not saying we need to have kids."
"I know." She says. "I over reacted. And I know how much you want them too.."
"Liz , If you never want kids I'm okay with that, we'll live. I love you."






"I love you too." She says, right before I lean in to kiss her.








Well, I hope you enjoyed Chapter 1! It's probably not my best work, but I'll get there. Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave a comment or suggestion below!
And now here's some random pictures from the castaways.









1 comment: